I lost a friend

 This whole Covid thing has been scary. ...


I got this weird feeling that I should touch base with a friend I hadn't talked to in a while. Karen was the first person who befriended me when we moved to Las Vegas. Our girls were in a playgroup together. She's one of those kind-hearted people to her core. The kind of friend I totally didn't deserve to have but was totally blessed with. So I went with the "feeling" and messaged her on Facebook. We chatted and laughed and it was so nice. I remembered how much I love talking to her. This was August 14 and 15 of this year. On August 18th I sent her a picture of a craft I made based on something we had talked about. On the 19th her husband messaged me on her name saying they had life-flighted her to another hospital due to her having Covid and being in critical condition. It was up and down for weeks. We thought she was getting better then something would happen. Her beautiful life came to an end on September 18, 2021. She left this world surrounded by people who loved her and still do. I was shaking. You don't think your friends are going to die. Covid doesn't care how good of a person you are.

I posted on Karen's page not too long ago.....


It's funny. You made a mask out of the Disney stained glass fabric. I spent months and months looking for the same fabric. I finally found it! I was so excited and I picked up my phone to send you a picture and it hit me.....I miss you ❤



No comments