A day at the farm

 

Yesterday started off pretty craptastic but I’ll explain more about that another day. Kennady , my mom and I ended the day by going to a farm with the Gymboree moms. Now I’m a California girl born and raised. I don’t don’t do farms. The kind of farms I do are setup in parking lots during Halloween with a horse , some hay and a few hundred pumpkins. So I was thinking this would be much the same. NO, NO it wasn’t. This was a real life ranch. Chickens, horses and flies OH MY!!! First we took some professional pictures with the ranch’s photographer then we walked around looking at and feeding all the animals.

When we first got there I was thinking OMG what was I thinking bringing the Bugaboo stroller to a ranch with poop all over the ground?! I met up with the rest of our group and saw that I wasn’t the only one with a pricey stroller in the horse muck. I felt not so stupid after that. Kennady had fun. She saw a bunch of animals she’d never seen before and even touched the horse. She giggled and smiled. It felt great to see her smile seeing that hours earlier she was screaming and upset.

My mom and I were standing around waiting because the moms had said they wanted to take a group picture with all the babies. So we waited and waited and waited. Finally my mom said well lets head home. I said ok. As we are walking out we saw all the moms standing near the front. They had already taken the group picture without Kennady. I was kinda sad. I know she’ll never remember any of this stuff but for right NOW she’s happy and enjoys it. So her not being in the group picture kinda bummed me out. Thankfully I took a ton of pictures on my own.

The ranch is open year round for free. When she’s a bit older I am for sure going to take her back.

Thank you McKee Ranch!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkin-Patch-at-the-McKee-Ranch/155899237836214 

 

 

IMG_3203 IMG_3207 IMG_3212 IMG_3214 IMG_3215 IMG_3220 IMG_3222 IMG_3224

Inza

No comments