The celebration is complete

After weeks and weeks of planning and changed dates my tiny princess finally had her first birthday party and was baptized. It was a beautiful event filled with love.  Most of those invited and who RSVPed didn’t show up which turned out to be ok. We had just the right number of people for the venue and party. When it started I got a call from the minister saying her car had broken down and she was waiting for AAA. So I had everyone go ahead and eat. Amy got grilled chicken, beans, rice and potato salad. From what everyone said it was good. I couldn’t eat any of it because I’m still nursing and Kennady has major allergies. I’ll get into that more in a future post. I was blessed to find an allergen friendly bakery for Kennady’s cake.  It was gluten free, nut free, egg free, dairy free, soy free and corn free. Just what I needed for my tiny princess. The smash cake was only $8 and free delivery. I ordered cupcakes for myself and anyone else who has an allergy problem. I was surprised they were very tasty.
The minister finally arrived. My friends Danielle and Jody helped get Kennady ready along with her Godmother Amy. I hadn’t seen Jody since high school and lets just say that’s been many years. Jody and I have known each other since we were 5. We dressed Kennady in her pretty white dress, white tights, white headband (which she promptly took off) and white baptismal shoes. She looked like such a big girl.  At 4pm the baptismal ceremony started. I didn’t think I’d get emotional but I did. I actually cried. There was just so much going through my head and my heart. The room was filled with overwhelming love. Everyone there cares about Kennady and I and that meant the world to me. I was so happy with how everything turned out. Everyone seemed to have a good time and Kennady was thrilled with her cake and everything else. I’m one happy mommy :)
  FullSizeRender (1) IMG_5249 IMG_5259 IMG_5263 IMG_5264 IMG_5281  
Inza

No comments