Stocking up!

I have discovered my love of “managers special” meats. I never knew these things existed. Since Kennady has been practicing the technique of Baby Led Weaning I’ve been looking for ways to cut her food costs. A great majority of her food still ends up on the floor or in her high chair so why pay full price when a lot of it is going to go to waste? I saw the yellow labels on the meat and felt the need to investigate. I don’t eat much beef or pork so this was all kinda new to me. I however have started eating more of it since I had to cut out chicken and turkey due to Kennady’s allergies and still nursing.
I spoke to the butcher about the manager’s special meat and he said of course it is perfectly safe. I just have to use it or freeze it by the listed date. I said great and took 5 packages home. Kennady LOVES pork loin roast. I didn’t even  know what that was before she was born lol  I cook the roast in the crock pot with beef broth for around 6 hours on high to make sure it’s super tender since Kennady only has 8 teeth and is still working on eating. Call me paranoid that’s fine, I don’t mind. When there’s about an hour or so left I’ll put frozen veggies in the crock pot and let them cook with the roast. I normally only put enough veggies in for the current day’s meal. After everything cools I put it in portion control bags and pop them in the freezer for future meals. I portion out the hamburger as well and put it in baggies and freeze it. Using the portion control bags makes meal prepping super easy.
I use meal prep boxes. I pack a frozen protein , vegetable and a fruit in each box. I stick them in my chest freezer and just grab and go.

These manager’s special meats allow my daughter to have good proteins at good prices.

Inza

No comments