Tater Tot Casserole


I cook for Kennady on a daily basis. I love to cook. Hell that’s how I got into Le Cordon Bleu lol  I was searching for some toddler friendly gluten free, dairy free and nut free meals and found something called
 Tater Tot Casserole. My daughter loves her tater tots so I figured it was worth a try.  I used gluten free flour and vanilla soy milk because that’s all I had. It gave it a slightly sweet taste but in a good way. I also added ground beef since it’s one of the only meats my daughter can eat.
White sauce:
  • 2 cups soy milk
  • 3 T. Earth Balance margarine
  • 2 T. flour
  • salt and pepper to taste
Casserole:
  • 2 16-ounce bags of frozen veggies, I used mixed beans, peas, corn and carrots
  • 1 bag of tater tots, use only enough to cover the top of the casserole, you may have some left so save them for dipping in BBQ sauce at lunch tomorrow
  • 1 bag of Daiya® cheddar cheese
  • 4 dollops of Earth Balance margarine
  1. Over medium-low heat, create a roux in small saucepan with flour and margarine. When light brown and snappy/bubbly, remove from heat and add soy milk slowly while whisking. Take your time, make sure it’s thoroughly whisked and not lumpy.
  2. Return sauce to medium heat and cook until the sauce thickens. Use a wire whisk constantly as sauce thickens.
  3. Once thickened to coat a spoon, remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
  4. In a 9 x 12 inch casserole, mix the frozen veggies, Daiya and white sauce.
  5. Scatter the dollops of Earth Balance on top.
  6. Top with 1 layer of tater tots, side-by-side, end-to-end.
  7. Bake for 1 hour at 375° F. (My oven runs low so I use 400° F so adjust to suit your oven.)


The original recipe was found at https://snarkyvegan.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/vegan-mofo-white-trash-tater-tot-casserole-with-daiya/






Well my daughter and I both LOVED it. It was super simple to make and it stored very well. we ate the left overs for lunch the next day. This is well worth a try. You have all your favorite veggies mixed together with a yummy cream sauce with tater tots on top. What more could you ask for?

~*Inza*~

No comments