Red Beans and Rice

I'm always trying to find new simple recipes for Kennady. This one was super simple. With all of Kennady's allergies I try to keep the ingredients to a minimum. I don't add more than one new thing at a time just in case she has an allergic reaction. I can easily pin point what the new item in her diet is. So here goes....

1 cup of uncooked white rice
1/2 pound of small red beans
1/2 package of ham chunks


I put the red beans into the crock pot with a carton of gluten free vegan vegetable broth , ham chunks and salt. Allowed it to cook on low for 6 hours until the beans were nice and soft.
 Prepare rice as directed (http://www.marthastewart.com/347002/perfect-white-rice)

Scoop rice into a bowl and top with red bean and ham.

SEE super super simple. You can add any seasonings that you'd like to either the rice or the beans. I stick to simple for Kennady. She LOVED this. She opted to not use her spoon and just dive right in with her hands. We're still working on table manners.


*~Inza~*

No comments