My trip to the ER

 

I had a scare on Monday night (8-19-13). I was sitting at the computer and all of the sudden I felt this gush of water between my legs. I got up and went into the bathroom. My undies were soaked. I called Damon in tears. I didn’t know what it was but I knew it wasn’t good. Damon did a great job at calming me down. He told me to drink a lot of water so I did. The I saw blood. I went RIGHT to the ER. My poor BFF called right as I was walking out the door to the ER so I was less than calm. I get there and sign in. I’m so upset by this point I can hardly talk. They take my blood pressure and temperature. They call me in to see the nurse. He asks me a thousand and one questions. Then the happy P.A. came in. Happy like Arizona Robbins from Grey’s Anatomy just minus the shoe skates lol. She told me that before 20 weeks there isn’t much they can do if I was in fact having a miscarriage. Not exactly what one wants to hear but at least she was honest with me. She said I could go home and rest or stay and get a full exam including an ultrasound. I said I’d stay just to be on the safe side. She asks me for a urine sample. I go to the restroom and thank God the bleeding had stopped. I did my urine sample but still stayed for the exam. They call me back in from the waiting room and put me in a wheel chair. I had NO idea where I was going. Had I known we were going to ultrasound I would have asked my mom to go with me. So off to get my u/s. I was laying there and the tech wasn’t saying much. So I said “is there a tiny human in there?” He says oh yeah hold on let me show you. I SAW MY BABY!!! He/she looked like they were waving at me like I’m here mommy I’m ok. I laid there and just stared at the screen. Of course I started to cry. It was the most amazing thing I’d ever seen. I just laid on the table smiling while the tech wrote his report. They take me back to the waiting room. By this point Damon is sitting out there with my mother.  He’s asking me all these questions. Non of which I had answers for. They had actually told me nothing yet because I hadn’t seen a doctor at that point. He seemed a bit upset by my lack of info and my happy state. Granted he had driven an hour at 11pm at night and he had to be back at work at 9am. They take some blood. The P.A. calls me back in (I take Damon with me).  The happy P.A. tells us that everything looks great. I’m 11 weeks and 3 days the baby is healthy with a healthy heart beat and the right amount of fluid in the sac. I have never been so happy to hear anything in my life. We go home. I go to sleep with a smile on my face :)

image_zps0e1ba080

Inza

11 weeks 6 days

No comments